10 January 2012

Launching a new chapter

What’s up, y’all? I know, I know, it’s a little bit weird that I say, “Y’all,” since I’m from New Jersey, but after living most of the last 10 years in Houston, it’s not completely disappearing from my vocabulary any time soon. Here’s a quick background as I launch my blog about sports, broadcasting, and whatever else strikes my fancy.

I’m 28 years old, and I’ve been fortunate enough to be a play-by-play broadcaster in several different sports and with several different teams, but I spent the last four years working for the Houston Dynamo and served as the team’s radio broadcaster from 2009-11.

For personal reasons, I will be moving around several times over the next few years, so I left the Dynamo after the 2011 MLS Cup campaign and am embarking on a free-lance career, currently based out of Philadelphia. What exactly my free-lance career will entail remains to be seen, but I’m excited for (and nervous about) the opportunities in front of me.

I’m going to use this blog to write about whatever’s going on in my sports life. If that’s a Major League Soccer game I’m calling on the weekend, you’ll get my thoughts before and after the game. If I’m watching bowl games or the College World Series or the Olympics, and something catches my fancy, I’ll write it down. If I think I have a story or an angle that’s being overlooked, I’ll let you check it out here. I’ll be honest, pointed, self-deprecating, irreverent, and hopefully just a little bit funny.

I don’t know what I’m going to be doing for large portions of this year (an uncomfortable situation for me), but if it’s relevant to sports, you’ll get to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment