09 February 2012

Joining FCD broadcast team in 2012!

I'm really excited to announce that I will be part of the FC Dallas television broadcast team in 2012, splitting play-by-play duties on the 27 locally-broadcast games with Mark Followill. I'm looking forward to calling games on a regular basis for one of the contenders in the stacked Western Conference and to transitioning from radio to TV broadcasts.

I worked for the Houston Dynamo for the last four years and attended many of their games in their first two seasons while living near/in Houston, so I'm coming from a big Dallas rival. But I've followed MLS closely since interning with the MetroStars in 2002 and worked closely with the league since 2007, so I'm passionate not just about a team or teams, but about the league as a whole. I love its intricacies and nuances, its big moments and dramatic games, and even its dog days and occasional underwhelming nights. It is a unique and special league to watch and understand, and as anyone who knows me can attest, I spend a large percentage of my time thinking about it, watching it, and tracking it.

I will bring my passion for MLS and my knowledge of the league to Dallas TV broadcasts this year, and I'm looking forward to working with some experienced, insightful partners and calling some terrific games. I've already been to a lot of big soccer games in Dallas and Frisco, including the USA-Mexico match at the Cotton Bowl in 2004. I also have family in Dallas, and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of the area later this year.

First up, however, is the Disney Pro Soccer Classic in two weeks, where I'll be calling select games for MLSsoccer.com and be a part of the broadcast team for the tournament's third-place game and championship game on ESPN3. I can't wait to get started on the 2012 season!

No comments:

Post a Comment