18 October 2017

On the move, on the job for the next week

When your work is free-lance, it's good to be busy, and I'm fortunate enough to start one of my busiest weeks of the year today.

I'm flying to Pittsburgh Wednesday evening to start a stretch that will see me call four games in six days (Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday) and fly five different segments before returning to an airport for a second time. It's going to be intense, and it's going to be fun!

I start in my current season, college soccer, returning to the scene of the above vista to see the same game I called a year ago, West Virginia against Texas Tech on ESPNU, although I'm working with Kate Markgraf this year instead of Cat Whitehill. One ridiculously good defender and partner for another!

From there, I'll keep moving for the next week, possibly the longest I've ever been away from my daughter in her young life, to cover this set of games:
Upcoming broadcasts
DateGameMediaPartner
Oct. 19
5 pm ET
West Virginia vs. Texas Tech
(NCAA women's soccer)
ESPNUKate
Markgraf
Oct. 21
8 pm ET
Houston Rockets vs.
Dallas Mavericks (NBA)
NBA League
Pass VR
Viani /
Rogondino
Oct. 22
6 pm ET
Auburn vs. LSU
(NCAA women's soccer)
ESPNUCat
Whitehill
Oct. 24
7:30 pm ET
Boston Celtics vs.
New York Knicks (NBA)
NBA League
Pass VR
Viani /
Rogondino

It's a lot to prepare for, a lot of phone calls to squeeze in, and a lot of clothes to pack into one trip! But I intend to manage with a smile on my face, so check it out when you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment